The Supervisors of the Checklist for the Town of Jackson will hold a session for the correction of the checklist and accepting applications for voter registration or change of political party affiliation on:
Date: Tuesday June 2, 2020
Time: 7:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Location: Town Offices, Meeting Room, 54 Main Street, Jackson, New Hampshire
This will be the last session at which a registered voter may change political party affiliation until after the September 8, 2020 State Primary Election.
Check your party affiliation on-line: http://sos.nh.gov/VoteInforLook.aspx .
You may NOT change your political party affiliation on Primary Election Day.
Voters registered as a member of a political party may only vote on that party’s ballot at the state primary. Voters registered as undeclared may join a party by requesting that party’s ballot when voting in person or by absentee. A voter registered as undeclared who joins a party to vote in the primary, may change back to undeclared by completing the “Election Day Party Affiliation Change Form.”
Before June 2, you may also change your party affiliation using the form provided by the NH Secretary of State with these steps:
- Go to https://www.jackson-nh.org/supervisors-checklist.
- Choose Application to Change Party Affiliation.
- Complete the application, print and sign it and also have a witness sign the application.
- Per the instructions, this application can be mailed, faxed, emailed to the town clerk at [email protected] (Please use Subject Line: Voter Change of Party Application) or dropped off at the Town offices before 5:00 PM on Tuesday, June 2.
Applicants for voter registration who possess proof of identity, age, citizenship, and domicile should bring that proof when they come to register. Qualified applicants who do not possess proof or who do not bring proof with them may still register if they sign an affidavit attesting to their qualifications for identity, age, and citizenship, and / or domicile.
Please also note that at the 6/2 Checklist Supervisors’ registration session, precautions due to COVID-19 will be taken, specifically:
- Only one person at a time will be permitted to enter the town offices to register. Everyone will be required to wear a mask and gloves inside the town office.
- Those individuals without mask and gloves will be registered outside at their car by a Checklist Supervisor