Vital Records (Birth, Death, Marriage records)

Obtaining Certified Copies of Jackson Vital Records

The Town Clerk of Jackson issues certified copies of birth, death, marriage and divorce certificates to qualified individuals and agencies that provide a "direct and tangible" interest in obtaining a record. Click here to find out about your access rights to our records.

Effective January 1, 2005 all individuals requesting a certified copy of a record (pursuant to RSA 5-C: 102, VI) must present positive identification, including, but not limited to, a driver’s license or other picture identification containing an address. Requests to send the document(s) to a third party address cannot be honored unless you submit a signed NOTARIZED statement on the copy of the picture ID requesting the alternate address destination.

Individuals not possessing a state issued ID should reference the state vital records website for approved alternate forms of ID. Please note that a passport does not contain a mailing address and therefore an additional positive form of ID with a matching name and mailing address must be included.

Send the completed application (with payment and photo identification) to:

Jackson Town Clerk
Vital Records Request
PO Box 336
Jackson, NH  03846

For more information please contact the Town Clerk's Office at 603-383-4223 x 102 

5-C:105 Disclosure of Information to Genealogists

  1. Birth records more than 100 years old and death, marriage, and divorce records more than 50 years old shall be considered part of the public domain.
    1. By April 1 of each year, the division shall release public domain records that became public during the previous calendar year.
  2. A genealogist may be designated as an authorized representative by means of a written statement from the registrant or a member of the registrant's immediate family.
  3. The written statement designating a genealogist as an authorized representative shall:
    1. Indicate whether the writer is the registrant or a member of the registrant's immediate family, in which case the relationship shall be specified.
    2. Indicate the specific record or records requested.
    3. Authorize the division to release the information as specified.
    4. Contain the signature of the authorizing party and be notarized.
  4. Certified copies of records as specified in paragraph I shall be issued on safety paper, when requested, according to the fees established by RSA 5-C:10.

Source. 2005, 268:1, eff. Jan. 1, 2006. 2008, 47:1, eff. May 12, 2008