The Town Clerk of Jackson issues certified copies of birth, death, marriage and divorce certificates to qualified individuals and agencies that provide a "direct and tangible" interest in obtaining a record. Click here to find out about your access rights to our records.
Effective January 1, 2005 all individuals requesting a certified copy of a record (pursuant to RSA 5-C: 102, VI) must present positive identification, including, but not limited to, a driver’s license or other picture identification containing an address. Requests to send the document(s) to a third party address cannot be honored unless you submit a signed NOTARIZED statement on the copy of the picture ID requesting the alternate address destination.
Individuals not possessing a state issued ID should reference the state vital records website for approved alternate forms of ID. Please note that a passport does not contain a mailing address and therefore an additional positive form of ID with a matching name and mailing address must be included.
Send the completed application (with payment and photo identification) to:
Jackson Town Clerk
Vital Records Request
PO Box 336
Jackson, NH 03846
For more information call the Town Clerk's Office at 603-383-4223 x 102 or click here to access the State of NH Division of Vital Records website.
5-C:105 Disclosure of Information to Genealogists
- Birth records more than 100 years old and death, marriage, and divorce records more than 50 years old shall be considered part of the public domain.
- By April 1 of each year, the division shall release public domain records that became public during the previous calendar year.
- A genealogist may be designated as an authorized representative by means of a written statement from the registrant or a member of the registrant's immediate family.
- The written statement designating a genealogist as an authorized representative shall:
- Indicate whether the writer is the registrant or a member of the registrant's immediate family, in which case the relationship shall be specified.
- Indicate the specific record or records requested.
- Authorize the division to release the information as specified.
- Contain the signature of the authorizing party and be notarized.
- Certified copies of records as specified in paragraph I shall be issued on safety paper, when requested, according to the fees established by RSA 5-C:10.
Source. 2005, 268:1, eff. Jan. 1, 2006. 2008, 47:1, eff. May 12, 2008