Do you live alone? Do you require assistance/transportation if you need to leave your home in an emergency? Is your E911 house number prominently displayed for emergency responders? Jackson Neighbor Care Program is part of the Office of Emergency Management for the Town of Jackson. Working with the Selectmen, Police and Fire departments and Bartlett-Jackson Ambulance, the Office works to stay aware of those residents who may need extra help in the event of an accident or emergency. This is not only a matter of public health and safety, but it helps to build and strengthen community relationships. If you would like to have the Police Department be aware of any special needs you may have, please complete this Form and return it to the Town Office.
To assist Emergency Responders should they need to come to your house - please complete this Emergency Contact Sheet and place it on your refigerator.
If your house number is not prominently displayed for please click here for more information.
There are numerous services available to town residents to help ensure they are safe and secure living independently in their homes.
- 2-1-1: an easy-to-remember phone number to call to access available health and human services
- Carroll County Community Resource Directory: an on-line resource directory for health and human services and other community programs and resources in the region: http://carrollcountyresources.weebly.com/
- ServiceLink: ServiceLink is a program of the NH Department of Health and Human Services.~ Through contracts with local agencies around the state, ServiceLink helps individuals access and make connections to long term services and supports, access family caregiver information and supports, explore options and understand and access Medicare and Medicaid. It is designated as New Hampshire’s Aging and Disability Resource Center and the NHCarePath Full Service Access Partner providing services for individuals of all ages, income levels and abilities and administers programs and services such as Information Referral and Assistance, Options Counseling, NH Family Caregiver Program, State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP), and Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP): http://www.servicelink.nh.gov/index.htm
- Gibson Center for Senior Services: provides meals, transportation services and social and educational programs to seniors in the greater Mount Washington Valley area: http://www.gibsoncenter.org/
- Visiting Nurse Home Care and Hospice: provide a wide range of services in the home including skilled nursing and wound care, homemaker and home health care, long term care, medical social services, hospice and palliative care, and physical, speech and occupational therapy. http://www.vnhch.org/
- Memorial Hospital: Full service hospital with a variety of services and programs: http://www.memorialhospitalnh.org/
- Better Choices, Better Health Program
- Matter of Balance
- White Mountain Community Health Center: provides comprehensive, high-quality primary care services and health education on a sustainable basis to women, men and children in the Mount Washington Valley community regardless of ability to pay: http://www.whitemountainhealth.org
- For a List of Contractors: who install ramps, hand rails, etc. please contact the Jackson Building Inspector, Kevin Bennett at 603-383-4223 x 112